- All gifts should be payable to 2020 Care & Share and forwarded to:
Diocese of Great Falls-Billings
2020 Care & Share
PO Box 1399
Great Falls, MT 59403-1399
Giving Options include:
- Check – payable to 2020 Care & Share
- Automatic Bank Account Transfer
o Utilize automatic bill pay provided by your bank
o Electronic funds transfer from your checking or savings account
- Charitable IRA Rollover – You may give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity without having to pay income tax on the funds. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions. Your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (must be at least 70 ½ years of age).
- Securities – donate a gift of stock, bonds or mutual fund shares that have appreciated in value. These gifts will have an immediate impact on our appeal and create an income tax deduction for you based on their current value. Because there is no capital gains tax when you make a charitable gift, you receive an additional tax benefit above and beyond the charitable gift.
- Livestock & Grain – We often give thanks to God for a bountiful harvest. Giving directly from the harvest or sale yard has become popular with some farmers and ranchers because of tax benefits and east of donating an asset, rather than cash.
- Mineral Interests & Royalties – God has blessed many in our diocese with increased oil and gas activity. Gifts of mineral interests, whether full or partial, will help the Catholic Church in Eastern Montana to carry out its mission for generations of Catholics to come.